This postcard dates from 1909 and shows the view looking downstream towards Wayford Bridge. There had originally been a single arched, stone bridge at this site which was replaced with the one shown above c1905. This was itself replaced in the late 1960s with the current bridge.
The view looking downstream from Wayford Bridge c1920s.
The original Wayford Bridge Hotel pictured in the 1920s. The hotel stood on what was once the main Wroxham to Stalham road (the bridge itself can be seen in the background), but is now the access road which leads to Banks day boats and The Granaries holiday cottages. The hotel was owned by the Steward and Patteson brewery and the licensee at the time this photograph was taken was Rosa Couzens. The hotel closed in 1961. The Wood Farm Inn on the opposite side of the river was renamed the Wayford Bridge Hotel in more recent years.
An advertisement postcard for the cruiser “Wayford Moon” from H.A. Simpson at Wayford Bridge from the 1950s.
Wayford Bridge and the River Ant 1960s.
The River Ant above Wayford Bridge pictured in the 1960s.
The River Ant below Wayford Bridge 1960s.
The same scene at Wayford Bridge from the mid 1970s.