Another picture of Beaumont’s Mill in the 1930s, this time looking upstream towards
Ludham Bridge which can just be seen on the left hand side in the background.
Ludham Bridge on the River Ant c1930s. This bridge was built in 1915 to replace
the original single arched stone bridge and was itself replaced with the current
one in the 1960s.
A very tranquil scene taken from the end of the Pleasure Boat Dyke at Hickling, looking
out onto the Broad in the 1930s.
More photographs from the 1930s.
Beaumont’s Mill on the River Ant pictured in the 1930s. The mill was just south of
Ludham Bridge and was demolished during the 1960s.
The next collection of photographs were submitted by Mary Blathwayt and, all bar the first picture, are commercially produced images dating from the early 20th century which were sold as postcards by her Grandfather, Albert Cole, in the Post Office at Horning. The Cole family ran the Post Office from 1910 to 1945. You can view more of Mary’s family photographs and postcards of Horning on her Flickr photo pages.
The pupils and teachers at Horning village school taken in 1911.
The Swan Inn at Horning and Horning Town sailing Club c1910.
Race officials for the Horning Regatta c1920s. The Swan Inn can be seen in the background.
Another regatta at Horning from the early 20th century - possibly just prior to the
outbreak of the first world war.