* home * about this site * archive * contact *
Designed & Maintained By Carol Gingell
Horning Staithe c1969. The thatched, white building is now the “Staithe & Willow”
“Aston Puffin” pictured on the river Bure c1969.
Horstead Mill pictured c1962. Sadly, this beautiful water mill was destroyed by fire
in 1963. The first of a series of pictures which have been submitted by Iain Gray.
Beautiful wooden cruisers in a picture taken from the gardens of the Swan Inn at
A sailing cruiser and the wherry “Albion” on the river Bure at St Benets Abbey c
Thurne Mill taken from the dyke c 1962.
Another shot of Thurne Mill, this time taken from the river c1962.
Believed to be Wroxham Broad c1962.
The view looking downstream from Wroxham Bridge with Powles yard on the left c1962.
St. Olaves bridge c 1962. The suspension bridge here was built in 1847 by George
Edwards, a civil engineer from nearby Carlton Colville.
The seagoing vessel on the right was “Capricorn” which belonged to the artist Edward
Seago who lived in the Dutch House at Ludham at this time. Possibly taken on the
River Thurne c1962.
Pages 11-20 >>