A scene which is virtually unchanged today - Hunters yard at Womack pictured c1940s.
More photographs from The Ludham Community Archive Group.
Yarmouth Road in Ludham with the Baker’s Arms pictured on the right c1940s.
Another group of villagers with the penny farthing bicycles c1940s.
A group of Ludham villagers with some vintage bicycles thought to be pictured during
the mid to late 1940s.
The above, and seven following photographs were kindly donated by Iain Gray and were
taken on the first Broads trip taken by his father in 1949.
Cruising down the river - unknown location 1949.
B354 “Silver Broom” moored at St. Olaves.
A nautical pose for the camera! St. Olaves bridge can be seen in the background 1949.
For many years all hire boats came complete with a rowing or sailing dinghy at no
The houseboat “Limberlost” pictured in Stalham Dyke c1948. She was originally an
ice barge used for transporting ice from the Broads to Great Yarmouth for use in
the fishing industry. All the interior doors were made of mahogany and were believed
to have come from a steam ship.