The next two photographs were contributed by Hugh Moxon and were taken by his father
on a boating holiday with friends in the late 1930s. This is believed to have been
taken on the River Thurne near Womack.
Another photograph from the late 1930s taken at Wroxham.
The following photographs are reproduced by kind courtesy of The Ludham Community Archive Group. You can find out more about the group, the history of Ludham village and view more historic photographs of the area on their website.
Throwers Stores in Ludham pictured c1905.
H.D.Brooks cycle shop in Ludham c1910.
H.D.Brooks later went on to open up a garage in Ludham - pictured here in the 1920s.
Throwers Stores and The Baker’s Arms public house pictured in the 1930s. The Baker’s
Arms was demolished in the late 1950s when Yarmouth Road was widened.
Mrs Grapes on her tricycle in the centre of the village in 1935. Powells stores can
be seen in the background.
A tranquil scene at Womack Water c1930.
The old Ludham bridge pictured c1900. The bridge was damaged in the floods of 1912
and was replaced in 1915.