Moored at Somerleyton on May 2nd 1990. Delight 4 was a Broom Skipper 30 which was
hired through the Pennants agency in 1990. The cost of a weeks hire was £117 plus
a £25 security deposit and a £25 fuel deposit.
The village green at Somerleyton.
Sunset at Somerleyton, May 1990.
Moored at Geldeston village in 1990 - the entrance to Rowancraft’s boatyard is on
the left. The bridge in the background was once part of the Waveney Valley rail line
which ran between Beccles and Tivetshall where it then connected to the Great Eastern,
London to Norwich main line. The line closed in 1966 as part of Dr Beeching’s reshaping
of the British rail system.
Stokesby Ferry Inn - originally called the Ferry House, the current building dates
from c1890 but was renamed the Ferry Boat Inn in 1905, and became known as the Ferry
Approaching Stokesby on the River Bure.
Approaching Acle Bridge in May 1990.
M780 “Osprey” from Maffett Cruisers of Loddon, moored at the Waveney River Centre
at Burgh St. Peter in 1990. Osprey began life as Priory Craft’s “Waveney Mariner
3” and ran from their base at St. Olaves before being sold to Maffett’s c1989.
Loddon Quay, also pictured in 1990.
Another view of Loddon Quay from 1990.
More of David Campbell’s photographs from 1990
Another set of photographs which date from 1990 and were taken by Neil Lambton. You can see more of Neil’s photographs in the 1980s Gallery.