The Pleasure Boat Inn and dyke at Hickling c1960s. The cruiser appears to have the registration number B59, which was Herbert Woods “Glare Of Light”.
Another postcard of the same location from the 1960s.
The Pleasure Boat Dyke at Hickling pictured in the 1970s.
The Pleasure Boat Inn Hickling c1970s/80s featuring two of the “Baltimore” class of cruisers from Moores of Wroxham.
The Pleasure Boat Inn at Hickling c1905. The landlord at this time was recorded as being George Beales.
Another view of the Pleasure Boat Inn at Hickling c1905-1910.
Hickling Staithe c1905, looking downstream from the Pleasure Boat Inn towards the broad.
Broad House at Hickling pictured c1910.
The Hall, at Hickling c1910. This magnificent building was sadly gutted by fire in December 2014.
There is no information on this building at Hickling, pictured c1910, other than it was a guest house!
Hickling village with St. Mary’s church pictured in the background c1910.
This 1920s postcard shows the Old Rectory at Hickling.
A wonderfully animated scene at Hickling Staithe c1920.
Another view of the Pleasure Boat Inn at Hickling c1930s. The moored cruiser has the registration number B66 and was one of the 32ft, 4 berth “Dancing Light” class of cruisers from Herbert Woods of Potter Heigham. A weeks hire in 1933 cost between £10 and £14.
The Pleasure Boat Inn dyke at Hickling c1930s/40s. The motor cruiser in the foreground is B150, one of the “Tuscan” class built by Ernest Collins & Sons of Wroxham in 1930/31. It was 30ft in length with a 9ft beam and was fitted with a Thornycroft “Handy Billy” engine. Sleeping four, it could be hired for between £10 to £14 per week in 1933.