Beautiful wooden cruisers in a picture taken from the gardens of the Swan Inn at Horning c1962.
More of Iain Gray’s photographs from the 1960s
A sailing cruiser and the wherry “Albion” on the river Bure at St Benets Abbey c 1962.
Thurne Mill taken from the dyke c 1962.
Another shot of Thurne Mill, this time taken from the river c1962.
St. Olaves bridge c 1962. The suspension bridge here was built in 1847 by George Edwards, a civil engineer from nearby Carlton Colville.
The seagoing vessel on the right was “Capricorn” which belonged to the artist Edward Seago who lived in the Dutch House at Ludham at this time. Possibly taken on the River Thurne c1962.
Oulton Broad c1962.
Coltishall Staithe and the Rising Sun public house pictured in the late 1960s.
Enjoying a spot of fishing opposite The Ferry Inn at Horning c1968.
The chain ferry at Reedham pictured c1968.
The Ferry House pub at Surlingham on the river Yare c1968.
A741 “Kimiline 1” from Porter and Haylett of Wroxham pictured moored at Potter Heigham in 1966. The first of five photographs submitted by Norfolkboy.
The view over the river Bure and surrounding countryside from Belaugh church tower 1967.
One of the many riverside bungalows at Potter Heigham 1967.
The Berney Arms Mill pictured in 1967. Built in 1870, it is Norfolk's highest drainage mill.
The coaster “Lady Sheena” passing through Reedham in 1967.
Some more photographs from the collection of Ron Harrison, this time taken during his 1960s Broadland holidays. Read Ron’s anecdotes of those trips in the Collected 1960s Memories section of the archive.
The crew of “Admiral 3” from Brooms of Brundall pictured in June 1961.
Y210 “Admiral 3” moored at Salhouse in 1961. The cost of a weeks hire was £55 10s for June of that year.
Another picture of “Admiral 3” at Salhouse in 1961.
The Locks Inn at Geldeston in 1961. The building has been extended considerably since this picture was taken.
B655 “Starlight” from Herbert Woods at Potter Heigham moored at Acle in 1962.
A176 “St.George” from Herbert Woods pictured at St.Olaves in 1963.
“St.George” moored on the River Bure at The Stracey Arms in 1963.
Another picture of “St.George” at the Stracey Arms windpump in 1963.
Graham Bunn’s “Windboats” yard at Wroxham pictured in 1963.
Enjoying the sun on one of Brooms “Admirals” in 1964.
The last of Ron’s photos shows “Admirals” 4 and 5 moored at Salhouse in 1961.