The tower of St. Mary's church at Burgh St. Peter on the river Waveney, heavily clad in ivy c1931.
This was captioned as having been taken on the river Waveney between Beccles and Bungay. Navigation beyond Geldeston ceased in 1934.
This photograph was captioned as having been taken at Coldham Hall near Brundall c1931.
“Reg arises from the depths” c1931.
The crew of “Pierrette” indulge in another swimming session, this time at Somerleyton c1931.
The last of the collection of photographs taken by Ronald Winton. The crew dry off after a swim - you can just make out a “lighter” heavily loaded with reed on the left in the background.
The next two photographs were contributed by Hugh Moxon and were taken by his father on a boating holiday with friends in the late 1930s. This is believed to have been taken on the River Thurne near Womack.
Another photograph from the late 1930s taken at Wroxham.
The following photographs are reproduced by kind courtesy of the Ludham Community Archive Group. You can find out more about the group, the history of Ludham village and view more photographs of the area on their website.
The old Ludham bridge pictured c1900. The bridge was damaged in the floods of 1912 and was replaced in 1915.
Throwers Stores in Ludham pictured c1905.
H.D.Brooks cycle shop in Ludham c1910.
H.D.Brooks later went on to open up a garage in Ludham - pictured here in the 1920s.
Throwers Stores and The Baker’s Arms public house pictured in the 1930s. The Baker’s Arms was demolished in the late 1950s when Yarmouth Road was widened.
Mrs Grapes on her tricycle in the centre of the village in 1935. Powells stores can be seen in the background.
A tranquil scene at Womack Water c1930.
A scene which is virtually unchanged today - Hunters yard at Womack pictured c1940s.
Yarmouth Road in Ludham with the Baker’s Arms pictured on the right c1940s.
A group of Ludham villagers with some vintage bicycles thought to be pictured during the mid to late 1940s.
Another group of villagers with the penny farthing bicycles c1940s.
The houseboat “Limberlost” pictured in Stalham Dyke c1948. She was originally an ice barge used for transporting ice from the Broads to Great Yarmouth for use in the fishing industry. All the interior doors were made of mahogany and were believed to have come from a steam ship.
The image above, and seven following photographs were kindly donated by Iain Gray and were taken on the first Broads trip taken by his father in 1949.
Cruising down the river - unknown location 1949.
A nautical pose for the camera! St. Olaves bridge can be seen in the background 1949.
B354 “Silver Broom” moored at St. Olaves.
For many years all hire boats came complete with a rowing or sailing dinghy at no extra charge.
“Silver Broom” moored at Beccles in 1949.
The crew of B354 “Silver Broom” 1949.
“The last of Iain Gray’s photos from 1945 shows Silver Broom” moored at Herbert Woods Broadshaven marina at Potter Heigham.